Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stevie Crooks - Diamonds And Guns (DL & Review)

Downlaod @ www.StevieCrooks.com NOW!




"Mask On MuthaFuckah!" Thats me yelling in the mirror in between songs on Diamonds and Guns. Before I go any further, THE TAPE IS DOPE AS HELL! Now, for the more civilized statements: Listening to Stevie Crooks almost provoked me to stick up a 7-11 for my rent money. Okay so that wasnt so civilized, but I think thats the point. In the midst of all of this happy go lucky music, that you dance to, and sing along to with your friends in the car on the way to club, Stevie emerges with the theme music to a drive by. I think if Mike Tyson heard this tape, he could make a comeback. Dont get me wrong, this is not at all Shoot 'em up bang bang music, its more "This world is mine!" Its Power, its dark, its nineties, its the tales of a struggle. Its heartfelt. This tape is unbreakable, but in the same breath, inspiring. While listening to it, I was able to feel his hunger and his passion.

"Someone buy me that wayne cd so I can take a dump on it later" - maybe a line from my favorite song "Gnarly" will help you understand the point Im trying to get across. You remember that feeling you got when you first heard Jay-Z's dead presidents? That Mood? well thats what I felt throughout this entire tape. Stevie definitely gets the nod from me...

"Im tired of rappers with good promotion and NO skill, welcome to hell, we'll see if youre dope still"

My favorite tracks - Gnarly, Seeds Of Change, Diamonds and Guns, No More
& Avatar The last EarBender

but who cares what I think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP